Mixing is the delicate art of balancing and blending each element in the track, giving them all the space to sound their very best. Records not recorded at Blackwall Studios can still be mixed with us.
The mixing process can include:
– Frequency equalization (EQ) per instrument (track)
– Left and right “panning” for a wider sound
– Volume and other automation for a tighter mix and balance
– Adding post-processing effects like reverb, delay, and more
You should always have the .wav files of every track in your mix. Please note, if you do not have these, or are not sure, please contact us, we may not accept your project until the .wav can be sent.
Below are the crucial steps that should be followed to have the best results of your mix.
– The term “two-track” refers to the two-track instrumental (left & right stereo channels), plus your vocals
– Instrumental track outs are always preferred over a .wav
– Vocals tracks should be sent as individual tracks, not stems
– Unless otherwise stated, all vocals should sent as MONO tracks
The below sections are provided only as a guide. Please talk with your engineer for details.
Ready to get started? Complete our quote request form below.