At Blackwall Studios, we strive to keep the lowest price for studio time and provide a safe place for creativity. This can only be achieved if all of our clients agree to and abide by these policies.
- A 50% deposit is required to book any session.
- Full payment is due at the start of each session. Payment can be made in-person by Cash, Credit Card, or Cash App ($BlackwallStudios)
- A valid, government-issued ID will be required at the door for each person entering the studio. No exceptions.
- A reminder text will be sent about booked sessions. You will have the option to opt-out of these messages. Standard messaging and data rates apply. Blackwall Studios does not charge extra for text message reminders.
- Changes to any booked session must be made at least 12 hours in advance.
- Your session and session deposit will be forfeited if we are notified of a change less than 12 hours in advance.
- If you need to cancel your session entirely, please notify us immediately. The 50% deposit will be forfeited for any canceled session. This is so that we can allow for an efficient booking process for all clients.
- For sessions booked with a card on file but not charged, your card will be charged the 50% deposit.
- Sessions start at the booked time, not when you arrive. If you arrive late, your session will be shortened to accommodate the other sessions following yours.
- Payment for the remainder of your session is still required if you plan to continue your session.
- Blackwall Studios reserves the right to cancel and/or reschedule any studio session at any point.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to a scheduled session, your session may be canceled.
- Blackwall Studios operates all sessions with Studio One Pro. If you are bringing a session file from other software, please be sure to bring your stems as well.
- Blackwall Studios can not and will not be held responsible for any loss of studio session data including but not limited to:
- Project files, sound clips, audio clips, presets, plugins, or any other software (or hardware) related glitches.
- Quiet on the set! Silence your cell phone, pager, beeper, tablet, 2-way, smartwatch, or any other electronic device. If you are in the studio and not recording, be mindful of those who are, or you may be asked to leave.
- A maximum of five (5) people will be allowed to any studio session at any time. Exceptions to this are made at the studio manager’s discretion.
- You will always receive a .mp3 or .wav file of your music recorded during your session. If you would like your raw session files as well, just let us know.
- 10 minutes at the end of every session is strictly reserved to export your music.
AFTER YOUR SESSION
- Stay up with us on social media! We’re most active on Instagram, however, drop a like on Facebook as well!
- The best way to book your next session is on our site, but you can always give us a call as well at (678) 999-2588.
- You are encouraged to back-up your own project/session files. Blackwall Studios can only maintain your session files for a maximum of three (3) months. After this, session data is automatically and permanently destroyed.
- Additional charges apply if session data is stored over the specified time period.
- Minor sessions revisions can be made after your session without a charge. These revisions will be made solely at the discretion of the engineer.
- You are your own maid. Clean up after yourself and throw away your trash.
- Please keep all beverages away from any studio equipment.
- To maintain an optimal recording environment, no smoking or illegal/illegally obtained substances are allowed inside Blackwall Studios at any time. Persons with such substances may be subject to further consequences, up to and including session cancellation without a refund. Smoking cigarettes will only be permitted outside the doors of Blackwall Studios. Do not leave butts on the ground.
- At Blackwall Studios, we acknowledge that everyone’s music style and taste will vary greatly. We ask that you respect your fellow musicians and the engineering/producing team in the studio at all times.
- In the interest of safety, no weapons are allowed inside or outside Blackwall Studios at any time. Failure to comply will result in immediate removal from the studio and an immediate suspension of your ability to reserve future studio time.
- Be creative. We can not and will not be held responsible for any copyright infringements, violations, claims, or any other liabilities made on music recorded/produced in/by Blackwall Studios.
- Blackwall Studios staff has the final say on the proper and safe use of all studio equipment.
- Any theft of property owned by Blackwall Studios, or property that is either directly or indirectly related to Blackwall Studios will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- Credit for recording shall be placed within the linear notes of all copies of any record recorded at Blackwall Studios and will read: “Recorded at Blackwall Studios.” If the song was recorded at multiple studios, other studios can be listed here as well.
Blackwall Studios reserves the right to adjust, change, or alter the above policies at any time, and any final judgment will be at the sole discretion of the studio staff.